Helton Construction is seeking an organized construction administrative assistant to support our office with clerical and administrative tasks. You’ll communicate with vendors and clients, obtain bids from subcontractors, work with permitting officials, and place change orders.
The ideal candidate will have excellent computer, communication, and time management skills. Previous experience in the industry is helpful, but not required. You must be an outgoing "people-person" and be able to communicate effectively with potential clients. Many times, you will be the first person our company talks to and will need to establish a beneficial relationship for all parties involved.
This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Management may, at its discretion, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This is a full-time (35-40hrs/week), in-person position. Reliable transportation is required. Extensive and professional training is provided and required. Travel to training locations out-of-state will be required.
If you are looking for a great opportunity in administrative support for a custom home builder, we’d love to talk with you!
Knowledge | Skills | Abilities Desired
- Communicate and take guidance from owner and/or designated personnel, and be driven to grow professionally
- Help customers and team members, and work alongside third-party relationships such as lenders, permit authorities, title agents, trades, marketing agency, etc.
- Answers incoming telephone calls promptly in a polite, professional manner. Determine the purpose of calls, and help the client in accordance with your training
- Act as a point of contact for vendors, subcontractors, and various construction services teams and solicit quotes from them for new jobs
- Prepare forms such as change orders, purchase orders, service agreements, and subcontracts
- Execute clerical and general office duties such as setting up filing systems, data entry, typing, copying, ordering office supplies, and other administrative tasks for special projects as requested
- Ability to prioritize own work and complete assigned tasks within tight deadlines
- High school diploma is required - additional college such as an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree is very valuable
- 3 years of experience of administrative experience is needed - previous administrative duties in a busy construction office is ideal
- Familiarity with the construction industry is desired, but not required
- Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills are needed
- Proficient in computer skills, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees, contractors, inspector and city agency employees
- Proficiency with Google Workspace apps such as email, calendar, and document storage is a must
Daily use of hands and/or fingers to grasp, handle, pick-up, pinch, type or feel, reaching with hands or arms, sitting, talking and listening; occasional lifting of objects up to 30 pounds, climbing or balancing, standing and walking; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location & Pay
Cañon City, Colorado / Fremont County - Pay depending on experience / qualifications - Salary + Commissions on direct sales